We are currently looking for someone to join our Committee in the role of Finance Trustee.
PACSO is looking for a new Finance Trustee to oversee our financial affairs and help us to continue to provide respite for parents and carers in the form of wonderful play opportunities for children and young people with a disability.
What will you be doing?
Charity trustees play a very important role in making sure that the charity is run in the interests of the people it is there to support. They strategically oversee the management and administration of the organisation. As well as fulfilling the duties of a Trustee, the Finance Trustee has a supervisory role over all aspects of financial management, working closely with other members of the Board of Trustees and finance team to safeguard the organisation’s finances.
This role includes:
- Attendance at Trustee Board meetings every three months at the PACSO office in Lavant
- Attendance at Finance Committee meetings every six months
- Supporting the Finance Manager
- Scrutiny of budgets and management accounts
- Act as one of PACSO’s cheque signatories
- Monthly sign-off of staff payroll
What are we looking for?
- Knowledge of financial management.
- Good financial analysis skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Accountancy experience (desirable).
- Knowledge and experience of current fundraising and finance practice relevant to voluntary and community organisations (desirable).
What difference will you make?
You will be part of an organisation that is making a real difference to individuals and families – being a Trustee is one of the most powerful ways in which you can contribute to your local community or to a cause you really care about.
For more information, please email Clare Elkington (Chair of Trustees) firstname.lastname@example.org